Graduating Class: 2009
Industry: Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering Professional with diversified background in systems design, surface and solution mining support, consulting, project management, field assignments, procurement, innovative engineering solutions, and communication. Highly motivated Leader and Community Servant with ability to inspire contemporary business activities, quickly learn new concepts and practices, accomplish timely results, build relationships, initiate change, maximize profitability, empower people, and mentor students.
University of Denver, Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Master of Business Administration
Custom Instrumentation Services Corporation (CiSCO), Englewood, CO (3/2016 – Present)
- Specializes in proposal writing, equipment pricing, customer satisfaction, and maintenance and spares services for continuous emissions monitoring systems (CEMS).
CH2M HILL, Englewood, CO (3/2012 – 2/2016)
- Mechanical Project Engineering Consultant and Contractor Environmental, Health, and Safety Coordinator at Genesis Alkali (formerly Tronox and FMC Corporation) in Green River, WY (8/2013 – 2/2016)
- Specialized in surface and solution mining project support by utilizing consulting, effective interpersonal skills, front-end loading strategies, data acquisition, calculations, document organization, maintenance outage supervision, cost estimation, and vendor, craft, and engineering communication skill sets.
- Completed general calculations and analyses, specifications, technical bid evaluations, piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), expedited the issuing process for isometric piping drawings and pipe support drawings, and supported procurement for combined cycle power plant systems and components.
Sundyne Corporation, Arvada, CO (11/2010 – 3/2012)
Project Management Engineer
- Managed order booking process, design specifications, equipment sizing, materials procurement, release to manufacturing, build & test, troubleshooting, release of final data and overall customer satisfaction for pump and compressor oil & gas contracts, resulting in multi-million dollar revenues.
The Shaw Group, Centennial, CO (8/2008 – 10/2010)
- Completed general calculations and analyses for systems and components within combined cycle and coal- fired power plants.
- Completed licensing documentation for Nuclear Plant Independent Spent Fuel Storage Installations (ISFSIs).
- Collaborated with procurement, drafters, senior engineers, and other disciplines to ensure proper valve design, size, and application for all systems by using SmartPlant P&ID program.
- Developed and completed Painting Scope of Work for all turbine building equipment at the field site.
- Completed system turnover to the client of all mechanical plant equipment at the field site, including system walkdowns and as-built mark-ups of Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) for steam, water, air, and chemical systems.
- Revised piping wall thickness calculations according to ASME B31.1 2005a standard for existing pipe class specifications.
- Reviewed mechanical systems in P&IDs to prepare for senior level approvals and purchasing bids.
- Revised material selection estimate to assure adequate piping supply for successful project completion.
- Successfully modernized and streamlined the calculations database for corporate audit.