Graduating Class: 2018
Industry: Project Management, Social Impact/Community Service, and Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
Hello! My name is Zahra Mohamed Ali and I am a Sudanese-American immigrant residing in Denver, Colorado.
My passions are politics, community outreach, program development, social and economic awareness and education.
During my time with Urban League Non-Profit in Denver, I had the opportunity to develop partnerships with local businesses and work together to bring educational and career awareness to Minority communities within the Denver Metropolitan area. In addition to outreach, grant proposals and program development skills assisted in acquiring the 2018 Immigrant Integration Mini-Grant award from the Denver Office of Immigrant & Refugee Affairs (DOIRA).
As an adept Account Coordinator for CH Robinson Worldwide, I have a well-rounded experience in customer service and communication, budget coordination and multi-tasking critical tasks that rely on organization and teamwork.
Bachelor of Arts
Major 1: International Relations
Concentration: Middle East and North African Studies
Major 2: Political Science
Minor: Arabic Studies Interdisciplinary Minor
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO
C.H. Robinson – Account Coordinator
Greenwood Village, CO • 05/2018 – Current
- Communicated with customers when issues arose to inform regarding problem resolution.
- Pitched ideas, developed strategies, devised and implemented creative Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) resulting in improved operational efficiency.
- Automated office operations, managing client correspondence, record tracking and data communications in database and case management software.
Urban League of Metro Denver – Program Manager
Denver, CO • 05/2017 – 04/2018
- Mitigated learning hurdles and assisted youth volunteers in problem-solving, social skills and decision-making through implementation of Education and Cultural Workshops
- Published work promoting Urban League’s partnership with Denver Public Schools Family and Community Engagement (MUSE MAGAZINE, VOLUME 2, NUMBER 3)
- Planned, coordinated and managed Denver Public Schools 2017-2018 Work Force Innovation and Opportunity Act projects
The Learning Center – English Teacher (TESOL)
Chiang Rai, Thailand • 02/2016 – 03/2017
- Selected and implemented interesting and interactive learning media to increase student understanding of course materials.
- Tutored students requiring additional assistance in grammar and reading comprehension.
- Customized innovative methods and materials to produce effective learning experiences.